In this episode:
- Cory doesn’t know half the people in the house when he emcees Frankie’s, and interest in live gigs is up! (4:50),
- Is the Cellar Music label releasing too many albums? (9:00),
- Why monthly listeners is a bad statistic for comparing artists (22:35),
- The “keeping the lights on” view of social media (27:25),
- The danger of having multiple names for your projects / bands on streaming platforms (32:55),
- First question: Music grant organizations to follow as a Canadian musician in BC (38:15)
- What’s it like being on a grant jury? (44:05),
- When you get rejected, it’s so often circumstantial, and so rarely a judgment on you (49:35),
- Second question: Thoughts on being a brand and branding for musicians (58:42).
Shout-outs to James Danderfer’s Monday Mid-Day Instagram Live and Jamie Lee’s fall 2023 community mentorship round!