Making a jazz album, from demo to distribution to performance, is a game of expectations. Whether artistic, financial, or personal, expectations keep you on track and help you remember why you're in the game.
- First question: How to release a jazz album (01:17),
- What are realistic financial expectations for making an album? Taking entrepreneurial risk, investing up-front in production, and building a music career over time (11:44),
- Cory takes an honest look at the growth of Rhythm Changes and of his radio show, Condition Blue (17:41),
- Next question: How to get gigs by sending demo recordings to booking agents (25:54),
- Choosing the right live music venues for your band (29:45),
- Making a personal connection with venue booking agents (36:16),
- Storytime: the early-2000s distribution deals that established Cellar Music (39:47),
- New Cellar Music releases by Sheila Jordan & Brian Charette on July 15, 2022 (48:06).